Do not use Local System account to run Acronis Managed Machine Service.
The Local System account is a predefined local account used by the service control manager. This account has extensive privileges on the local computer, but has very limited privileges for network access. See MSDN article The LocalSystem Account for more information.
If Acronis Managed Machine Service is running under Local System account, you may get error messages similar to the following ones when backing up to network share or mapped drive:
- Failed to create backup plan
- Failed to create the archive
- Failed to open the metadata directory
- Failed to set the logon information for the backup location
- The referred account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to
- Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password
To avoid possible conflicts, make sure that Acronis Managed Machine Service runs under correct user account:
(!)You can only change the account from Local System to the account under which the service was initially installed.
- E.g. if you specified Administrator account for Acronis Managed Machine Service during product installation, and then changed the account to Local System, you can only change the user back to Administrator;
- If you would like to change the account to another user, which was not specified during the product installation, such as a service user, then you should reinstall the product and specify the new user during installation. During product installation, the necessary permissions are set for the user that you specify: the third user might not have these rights, which could lead to incorrect product behavior.