- Acronis SCS Cyber Backup 12.5 Hardened Edition
- Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5
- Acronis Cyber Protect 15
Backup plans fail with the error: Operating system error: The shadow copy provider had an error. Check the System and Application event logs for more information.
Microsoft does not support VSS on volumes larger than 64 TB. Also, writable snapshots or snapshots larger than 64 TB are not supported.
- Edit the backup plan and select the gear on the top right of the plan to access backup options.
- Scroll down to Volume Shadow Copy Service(VSS)
- Change the setting to no on "Use VSS when taking snapshots"
- Run the plan again.