In some cases you may need to change MMSCurrentMachineID and InstanceID on agent machine, e.g. when there are issues with agent registration.
This article explains how to do this.
Remove the Agent from Management Server and run a special script that will clear the local databases to avoid duplicates. After you re-add the machine to Management Server, Agent will obtain the new configuration data from it automatically.
Perform the following steps on the Agent where you want to change MMSCurrentMachineID and InstanceID:
- Delete the agent from Management Server: go to Settings > Agents, select the agent and click Delete on the menu on the right
- Generate a new GUIDs for MMSCurrentMachineID and a new GUID for InstanceID and note them, as they will be required for running the script:
- On Windows: use New-Guid cmdlet (launch Command Prompt -> type powershell to open powershell interface -> type new-guid to generate a GUID)
- On Linux: open Terminal and run the following command: uuidgen
(GUID can be generated on any machine, not necessarily on the machine where you plan to change IDs.)
- Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 Hardened Edition: The script is installed with the product and can be found at Program Files\Acronis\PyShell\site-tools\change_machine_id.py
- Update local configuration using the script:
- Launch elevated Command Prompt:
- Click the Start button. In the search box, type cmd.
- Right-click on cmd.exe and choose Run as Administrator. User Account Control window will appear. Click Yes to run the Windows Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Execute the following commands:
cd Program Files\Acronis\PyShell\site-tools\(Instead of <MMSCurrentMachineIDandInstanceID> insert new GUIDs generated at step 2 with New-Guid)
acropsh change_machine_id.py -m <MMSCurrentMachineID> -i <InstanceID>
- Restart Acronis Managed Machine service: press Win+R and type in services.msc in the Run window. Select Acronis Managed Machine service and click Restart
- The script is located at /usr/lib/Acronis/PyShell/site-tools/change_machine_id.py
- Open terminal (if you're using GUI) and elevate rights: su -
- Execute the following command:
acropsh change_machine_id -m <MMSCurrentMachineID> -i <InstanceID>
(Instead of <MMSCurrentMachineIDandInstanceID> insert new GUIDs generated at step 2.)
- Restart Acronis Managed Machine service:
service acronis_mms restart
- Launch Terminal and execute the following command:
sudo "/Library/Application Support/BackupClient/Acronis/sbin/acropsh" "/Library/Application Support/BackupClient/Acronis/PyShell/site-tools/change_machine_id.py"-m <MMSCurrentMachineID> -i <InstanceID>(Instead of <MMSCurrentMachineIDandInstanceID> insert new GUIDs generated at step 2.)
Restart Acronis Managed Machine service
sudo launchctl start acronis_mms
Once completed, register the agent on the Management Server again.