Collecting system information from an Agent machine or Virtual Appliance
- Open Acronis backup console.
- In devices, select the machine you want to collect system information from.
- Click Activities:
- Click Collect system information:
If collecting system information this way is not possible for some reason, please collect system report on the agent locally:
- Windows: run C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\AdvReport\systeminfo.exe
- Linux: run a bash script with root privileges to collect this information directly:
Collecting system information from Management server
- If Agent is installed on the machine with Management Server, collect system information as described in Collecting system information from an Agent machine or Virtual Appliance above
If Acronis Management Server uses SQL databases on another machine, you need to additionally collect backups of SQL databases:
- On the machine with SQL server, open SQL Server Management Studio.
- Select the instance used by Acronis Management Server.
- There are 3 databases you need to back up:
- Select each of these databases, right-click the databases, select Task->Back up. By default, backups are saved into the temp folder. Copy the backups and send them to Acronis Customer Central along with the system information file.
Collecting system information from Bootable media
- Click Help, and then Collect system information:
- Select a location for the report and click OK:
Generating the report may take a while. The report will be saved as SysinfoOutput.tar.bz2 in the location that you specify.
You can change the name of the file with system report, if needed. If you collect system information from several machines, it is recommended to save reports under different names.