Any issues with Acronis Agent that requires uninstall and potential clean/fresh install. Stages 1/2 can usually be attempted without major complications. Stage 3 is a hard/clean uninstall and will result in new backup chains as the machine identifier will be lost.
Stage 1 :
- Log on as an administrator.
- Go to Control panel, and then select Programs and Features (Add or Remove Programs in Windows XP) > Acronis Cyber Protect > Uninstall.
[Optional] Select the Remove the logs and configuration settings check box.
Keep this check box cleared if you are uninstalling an agent and are planning to install it again. If you select the check box, the machine may be duplicated in the Cyber Protect web console and the backups of the old machine may not be associated with the new machine.
- Confirm your decision.
Stage 2 :
- Uninstall the agent and reboot the machine
- Post reboot check if the below folders have been deleted, if not then delete it
- C:\Program Files\Acronis
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis
- C:\Program Files(x86)\Acronis
- C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Acronis
- Check there are no Acronis services in services.msc
After these steps, try local installation using installation file.
Stage 3 :
Caution: Utilizing this utility can break your backup chains
Use at your own risk or contact support for guidance
Make use of the Acronis Cleanup Utility, the utility tool removes all Acronis Cyber Backup/Acronis Cyber Protect Windows components locally from the machine