This article goes over the creation of a Master Image via the online method in Snap Deploy
In Windows, by using Management Agent installed on the master machine. This type of imaging is called online imaging
Online imaging means that the master system is imaged live (without restarting the machine or suspending operations). Online imaging can be performed remotely whenever you need. The disadvantage is that you have to install imaging software that is included in the master image. This is not always rational.
To perform online imaging
- Install Management Console.
- Configure the master system.
- Install Management Agent on the master system either locally by using the setup program, or remotely by using Management Console. Once Management Agent is installed, you can image the master system online (without a restart) at any time.
- Start the Management Console.
- Connect to the master machine.
- Click Create image -> Next -> A master image.
Tip: The alternative selection, A bootable media, enables you to create a bootable media for offline imaging.
- Follow the steps of the Master Image Creator wizard. (Refer to documentation for reference)